LIVE UNIQUE...

PLEASE be respectful of the artist. Our souls are in our work. The art featured here is NOT to be exploited or copied. Each original piece is photographed from the experimental stages to the end product, sealed and copyrighted by dates. Reference to other artists are for the purposes of good publicity and customer discovery. They too make a living from their hearts. Please respect that and enjoy the content for what it is. Sharing and discovery of originality and beauty.

Monday, September 10, 2012

SUPER QUICK!!!

Okay, I am supposed to be working at my "real" job, but I really wanted to post this quick.  First, "the story."

So, year ago my mom gave me a box filled with tons of crochet hooks that belonged to my grandmother and great grandmother.  I was thrilled, but both of them were doily makers and most of these hooks are teenie weenie!!!  With the hooks came a bag of cotton thread that you used them with.  basically, string.  not yarn, not something bulky and quick and warm.  String.  Thread even.  As an impatient artist, I lovingly put these hooks to the side along with the thread and convinced myself that I would NEVER have the patience for anything less than worsted weight and a size H hook.  The other day, I was looking for lace applique to make jewelry and realized, it looked just like the doilies my grandmas made, only not round...

So,  I went looking for patterns, but as I said before, I am super impatient.  So, the pattern thing never really does me any good because after the first couple of rows or whatever, I go all independent freelancer and do what the hell I want.  I managed to work out a little something.  Of course, it's freehand, so there is no exact numbers, which adds to the wonky appearance; however, the deed has been done.  I made me a choker with one of my grandma's teenie weenie hooks and some of her string.  TA DAAAAA!   I am currently blocking it which is why you see all the pins, but you get the drift of what I was experimenting for.


Now, will I do it again?  Hmmmmmmm...it IS terribly cool, though my hand was not loving the tiny hook.  I may need to fashion a more ergonomic grip on these hooks before trying again, but yeah.   I can do this.  Hi grandma (s)!  I did it!!!

No comments: