LIVE UNIQUE...

PLEASE be respectful of the artist. Our souls are in our work. The art featured here is NOT to be exploited or copied. Each original piece is photographed from the experimental stages to the end product, sealed and copyrighted by dates. Reference to other artists are for the purposes of good publicity and customer discovery. They too make a living from their hearts. Please respect that and enjoy the content for what it is. Sharing and discovery of originality and beauty.

Sunday, July 01, 2012

In touch with my nerdy side

I have been working on a couple of special orders lately.  One happens to be for a Brony who really, really needs a My Little Pony.  I'm not the most familiar with these guys anymore.  I remember them from when I was little, but since then they have kind of gotten lost in the pile of mind-numbing cartoons my daughters love.  It turns out, there is an entire adult male following, who call themselves "Bronies."  I am seriously amused and so, had to take on the task of crocheting a 12-inch tall Rainbow Dash.  As you probably know, I just can't follow a pattern, so usually when I take on amirigumi, it's kind of fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants and is subject to artistic interpretation.  I can't even tell you how excited I was when I finally got the 4th leg done. Whew.  Then I checked the picture and started swearing like a toothless pirate when I saw the be-hatch needed wings.  GAH!  We have a love-hate relationship right now.  Anyway, she is getting there and for the most part, turning out pretty accurate:

The wings are posing some problems.  This one needs another layer and maybe some tailoring to get it a little less...hand-y.  It is definitely the biggest crochet project I have ever taken on and has taken me the longest.  Take THAT attention deficit disorder!  

Then, another customer approached me to crochet him a Bomb-om for his desk.  It originally was supposed to be a coffee mug cozy, but at the last minute, he changed his order to a straight up amigurumi.  Either way, he is awesome. 

Yeah, you better run Mario. 


No comments: